By using this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree, please do not use the site.
- When you use this website, you create and upload content - for instance, wildlife observations, photos of nature, your descriptions of it, and messages to the forums. By putting this information on the site, you are saying that:
- the content is yours, or you have the permission of the owner to agree to this usage, and
- you agree that the content can be used on this site, and
- you agree that your wildlife observations can be made publicly available for wider use
- You agree that the content can be used for the work of BIS as a Local Environmental Record Centre (LERC).
- Wildlife observations collected through this site will be stored securely at the Biological Records Centre (on behalf of BIS) and made available to experts for verification through iRecord.
- WiReD data will be collated alongside other data and made available to partners and customers via the BIS enquiry service and Aderyn, under licence. Your name will form part of the record. If you do not want your observations to be made available in this way, please do not submit them.
- Anonymised observations will be made available via the NBN Atlas at broad resolution. Once these records have been made available, their use will be governed by the NBN Atlas Terms and Conditions, e.g. use of the data for commercial purposes will not be allowed without written permission from the organisation administering the dataset.
- Please do not submit records to this site that have already been submitted to a Vice County Recorder, other LERC, National Recording Scheme or another online wildlife recording system.
- Having submitted a record to this site, please do not submit it to other organisations or online recording schemes. It will be made available to other LERCs , conservation organisations, natural history societies and others with a legitimate interest in the data via the BIS enquiry service or Aderyn.
- You may view wildlife records submitted to this website by other users, but you may not store them, republish them, exploit them for commercial or academic research purposes, or pass them on to any third party.
- Your contact details will be held in a database at the Biological Records Centre and will only be used to contact you if there is a query about the verification of your wildlife observations.
- Your contact details will not be passed on to any third parties without your permission.
- If you submit a record of a species that could be vulnerable to disturbance or persecution if the record is made publicly available, the record will be flagged as ‘sensitive’ and will not be made publicly available.